Sunday, January 29, 2012

I used the P.R.N.D.L.(park reverse,neutral, drive,and low)

I hope everyone out there in cyberland is feeling fine and doing well.   I haven't written in a while, don't  know why really.  I think I almost forgot I even had a blog.  Anyway, I'm here now. 

I've teased my daughter about learning how to drive ever since she almost ran over me about a year ago.  I asked her to pull the car up a tiny bit into the driveway.  Stupid me, I wasn't in the car, I figured how much damage could she do?  Start the engine, put the transmission into drive, inch the car forward, and put it in "park".  Not so simple; she gunned the gas, and proceeded to drive over the carport and into the back yard.  And me in my extremely finite wisdom jumped in front of a 1 ton vehicle and yelled, "brake!"  "brake!" "braaaaake!"  I literally envisioned myself underneath the car.  Well, she didn't run me down, she just got really scared.  Instead of turning the car off, slamming on the brake, or even pushing the emergency brake; she shoved the gear shift into "park".  I heard the transmission give a low moan.  I thought Oh, Lord, she tore the transmission out of the car, but at least I'm alive...I'm alive!  

Last Thursday she got her Learner's permit and I got my Xanax.  :)    Everything is right with the world, or at least that's what I keep telling myself.  By-the-way, I was just kidding about the Xanax, I don't take it, but I might have to start.   Now she doesn't want to drive I have to make her get behind the wheel, I think she's somewhat traumatized.  She'll learn I'm sure.


 On a different note; here are  some videos from an awesome group called the Carolina Chocolate Drops.  They're passing on the musical stylings of black bluegrass musicians.  I saw them on a local television channel the other day and I'm hooked.  They are mega-talented.

http://youtu.be/lPl8qlKq41o

http://youtu.be/3BYvxFrDZ4M

http://youtu.be/OzombejhLUo

ta,
Moni

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hey MONI,

It's me, Pamula... LOL.

As you know, my daughter does not want to drive for the dang fear of the other horrific drivers out there... ya know, the dang texting, cell phones and several other things that distract drivers. I have told her she can most definitely 'take her time'.

Just wanted to post something and let ya know I love you and your entire family and looking soooo forward to seeing you and everybody!

Love ya,
Pam

Moni said...

Hey girl! I'm so glad you decided to visit my blog. Thanks for knocking the dust off the comment section. lol

I know I've told Bree absoletly no texting and driving or anything else distracting. I tell her defensive, defensive, defensive driving. I feel like a football coach. hehe

You've been my friend since Junior High, and I'm so glad we live close enough to hang out from time to time. Can't wait to laugh about the good ole' days, and make some new good ole' days.

love ya too,
Monica :)