Friday, August 03, 2012

Sentiments, Food for Thought and Reminiscing

Hi all out there in Cyberland.  Some may ask why I named my blog, Reality Scorned; glad you asked.  It is so named due to the fact is that real reality is too damn depressing. It seems t.v. studio execs stick the word "real" in front of anything and the masses eat it up with a spoon.
Don't get me wrong, I don't live in la-la land and I don't stick my head in the sand every time this messed up world throws another poisoned dart my way.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope that this blog provides a little silliness, levity or a little relief from the daily barrage of crapola.

There are however; some instances that slap us in the face and we find ourselves sitting in our living rooms and grieving right along with the victims who are actually inflicted.  I say, "victims who were actually inflicted" for we are all victims in this.  I am of course referring to the shootings in Aurora.  Situations like this are to be held solemnly in our nation's consciousness, until we can find a way to prevent similar events like this from happening; no sardonic prose, no barb for the perpetrator...only deep sympathy to which I cannot express in words. I'm here sending up lots of prayers

Here is some food for thought.  Who are we to delegate to Israel what city should be her capital?  I mean how arrogant is the media that in it's quest for political correctness  rename a whole nation's capital for them.  It's been their capital for 3000 years.  Come on!


Okay, here are two lovely songs to enjoy and  if you're reading; remember  this  Pam? ah! ha! ;p  Here is a version from one of my favorite singers. I actually think I like this version better...so sue me. lol


Okay; that's all my lovelies,
Moni 


No comments: