Friday, August 30, 2013

Utter Media

Lately, I've had extra time to peruse the Internet;  to browse a lot of Youtube videos watching some over and over again.  I am certain that Internet will be an all encompassing media source in the future. I mean it already is.  It seems that the more I watch regular t.v. the more  I am repulsed by the sheer volume of crap that is allowed to float across the airways.  That being said, the web has it's fair share of vulgarity posing in the form of entertainment.  There is however; on the web,  the draw of endless information, cultural themes, spiritual concepts of all sorts and pure entertainment, i.e. music and shows. Depending on your choice, it can be seen as tasteful and with regard to audience sensitivities.  Everything web related can be intricately specific or broadly general.  It's not as formulated as traditional television.  So it's totally your choice as the person on the other side of the keyboard.  Of course you already know this and I am only preaching to the choir. 

All that to say this.  I 've discovered some gems from the Internet that I found quite by accident; a very pleasant accident. What are they?  I'm glad you asked.  The first set of videos are by Rhet&Link, a comedic duo from North Carolina; not too far from where I used to live as a matter of fact. I guess that's why I "get" their early regional humor.  Both former engineers, they gave up their professions, taught themselves film making and began making commercials for local businesses.  They've produced numerous music videos,  Internet talk shows and an award winning independent film.  They refer to themselves as "Internetainers"  I don't know that I agree with that term. It's too confining, they are entertainers in every sense of the word.  I watched one of their videos the other day over and over again and I laughed until I cried.  I hope they don't become jaded by success.  Here are some of my favorites:

Men Who Can't Pee
Taylor Swift Caption Fail
June Holiday Challenge

Another Internet gem I found was this songstress.  I don't know how I've managed to be such a fan of music and not have known about Beth Hart.  Her performance is so soulful that it practically rips your heart to pieces, glues it back together and leaves you to wonder what just happened.  Her voice is a blessed amalgamate of Etta James and Janice Joplin.  Enjoy!

Baddest Blues
Bang Bang Boom Boom
Kennedy Center Honors, I'd Rather Go Blind and Sweet Home with Bonnie Raitt

Well, it's getting late, I've got a full day tomorrow.  I hope your Labor Day weekend is safe and happy.

Peace to you,
Moni



 

No comments: